
I met Uncle Danny when I was six, taking the survivor test. Then, I was in his sunday morning class.
He was my coach for 6 more years till I went under Uncle Lim, along with Claire.
When we first heard that Uncle Danny had throat cancer, Pris had actually planned to make a huge card, with all our photos and well wishes to pass it to him. We all knew he wouldn't be able to make it.
But in the end, we hadn't had the time to do it at all.
Keeve later told me, a few days back that Uncle Danny had less than two months to live and we organised a visit, all of us brain laggers, to his house on 31st December.
Yet he passed away on the 30th.
We were one day too late.
Guess everybody would be thinking the exact same thing;
Why didn't he wait for us?
When someone dies, we feel their absence as an empty void inside of us, never to be filled. they are dancing in infinity and we long to be with them, to try our hardest to find the best way to honour our memory of them.
Rest in peace, Uncle Danny. You'll live in our hearts forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment